ORIGINATING FROM NORTHERN WOOD
Pölkky Giant comes from the northern region of Finland and is made by one of Finland’s largest private timber processing
companies. Northern Finland is famous for its high quality slow grown softwood timbers.
The timber of the North grows slowly under very demanding conditions, which makes it an excellent raw material for
building purposes. POLKKYgiant product family, manufactured from solid, densely-grained pine and spruce timbers,
contains a wide range of different glued timber products for construction. The products comprise two or more pieces
glued together either vertically or horizontally in accordance with the customer’s demands.
Pölkky Giant uses Koppers Celcure® C4 preservative system (Celcurised Timber) is based on an effective combination
of copper and organic co-biocides. Such systems have provided proven performance for well over 12 years in locations
throughout Europe, North America, Australia and Japan. Celcure timber is pressure treated to force the preservative
deep into the wood structure providing protection where it matters. Wood treated in this way is suitable for Use Classes
UC1, UC2, UC3 and UC4 including fencing, timber decking, landscaping timbers and construction timbers.
INSTALLATION AND CARE
To protect your warranty and ensure long in-service life of this product please observe the following guidelines:
1. In keeping with good building practice, ALL timber posts (including treated Radiata Pine) where used in near or
in contact with the ground must have the ‘in ground end” coated with a bituminous or smilar paint prior to installation
or a post sleeve;
2. Any surface exposed to drilling or cutting must be recoated/resealed with an end preservative e.g. Ecoseal H3
above ground sealant;
3. Care must be taken to avoid Celcure® C4 treated products coming in contact with aluminium;
4. Always use coated fixings such as galvanized or coated hardware to prevent rusting and staining of the final
5. As with all timber products, proper periodic maintenance will enhance its performance and lifespan; and,
6. Refer to the Installation and Care instructions prior to purchase or installation at
BACKED IN AUSTRALIA BY WRIGHT FOREST –15 YEAR IN-SERVICE LIFE GUARANTEE
Wright Forest is a product innovation company with over 160 years of experience in timber and is backed by the most
respected timber and chemical manufacturers in Europe. Pölkky Timber products have undergone ten years of development
in Australia alone. This product has a limited guarantee to meet in-service life of 15 years.
The information provided herein is correct at time of publication. Specifications or details may change from time to time
without notice. Please consult your building products supplier for further information. Technical literature and MSDS are
available from www.wrightforestproducts.com.au